Monday, April 30, 2012

Rookie Foodie Pen Pal

So I purchased my goods and gathered my treats for my first go round with Foodie Pen Pals. It was so much fun. I did however learn some things. My box weighed a little more then I thought it would but that's okay! Next time I will just buy a prepaid box from the post office.

I got my box in the mail, pretty early. There was no way I could wait to open it. I opened it up as soon as I got in the door with it. I'm a big fan of chocolate. Something I love but don't get very often is spicy chocolate. You know like Chocolate and Cayenne pepper truffles etc. The very nice Alex from I eat Asphalt sent me a great little box full of yummy treats.She sent the yummiest hot chocolate. Its chocolaty and spicy all in one yummy cup of goodness. The Prune Walnut log was interesting. I has never seen anything like it. It was slightly sweet with a little texture from the walnuts. After looking it up online I read somewhere to pair it with cheese and crackers. It was so much better that way. The brown rice marshmallow treats, i thought would be a hit with my three kids. Not so much! I thought they were okay. It was a nice sweet but not overly sweet treat. Now for my favorite thing in the box. The thing that I went and hunted down at the closest Trader Joes. A dark chocolate speculos bar. I'll admit I had no idea what speculos was. I hesitantly tried a nibble, and then another and another and another. It was super yummy! I then had to look it up and see what it was. I now have a few hidden in my cupboard for those I NEED chocolate moments that life throws you at times. Thank you so much Alex for sending me a box of yummy goodness! I'll definitely be doing this again.

1 comment: