Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mini Thanksgiving

Often I am drawn to the comforts of fall themed food. Thanksgiving dinner is by far one of my favorite meals. It's also one of the few meals that my entire family(even picky Madi) will eat. Here's what's cooking away in my crockpot today. If your wondering what all that is, we it's this- turkey roast from Costco
Most of the time I don't measure, I just kind of toss. Today it was a couple of sweet potatoes, a couple of carrots, one onion, an apple and a generous handful of cranberries. All in the bottom of the crockpot. Then I put that roast right on top with cracked pepper and salt. I also threw in some fresh thyme, rosemary and sage. The top right picture is fresh cranberry sauce before it cooks. Again no real recipe- a bag of cranberries, the zest of one orange, then I added all the Orange after I cut all the peel off. A cup of sugar to sweeten things up a bit, cook over medium heat,stirring occasionally till its thick and yummy. Oh and I tossed in some ginger and cinnamon. Those rolls however- frozen Rhodes Texas rolls. Shhh my family will never know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment